Storyboards For All Occasions
Date: Sunday, April 18th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: William Balsamo
Storyboards are useful teaching tools for activities in the ESL classroom. They can be used for writing classes as well as term projects. They can be assigned either for individual or group work. Storyboards elicit a creative response from students because they encourage the use of imagination. This presentation demonstrates how storyboards can be used by students making filmscripts about their own lives or club activities; the students then narrate the storeline video excerpt shown in class. They can then create their own movie video. In this workshop, participants will be asked to create their own storyboards.
Organization: Himeji Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Himeji JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 300 yen
Venue: Hanakita Shimin Hiroba (Located directly across from Nozato Station on the Bantan Line. Plenty of free parking.) Bantan Line train leaves Himeji Station at 13:46
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Himeji JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0792-92-8808