English in the Elementary School
Date: Saturday, September 18th, 2004 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Tom Merner
Tom Merner will follow up his 2002 presentation in Kitakyushu by explaining what English education at the elementary level is all about, in the eyes of MEXT (the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, www.mext.go.jp), and what schools have done to implement the ministry objectives. He will also introduce the NHK program SuperEigorian and show how it can be used in the upper elementary classroom. For further details, see the Kitakyushu JALT event page.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, room 31
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: