Tokyo British Council:
Developing writing skills (day 5 of 5 Fridays)
Date: Friday, June 11th, 2004 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: British Council Teacher Trainers
This short course is designed to assist teachers in their day to day teaching. It is made up of five evening seminars, held fortnightly in Tokyo during the Spring term (16 April, 30 April, 14 May, 28 May, 11 June). Teachers attending all the sessions receive a British Council Certificate at the end of the course. This seminar, entitled "Developing writing skills", will focus on different types of writing and different reasons for writing. We will look at pre-writing activities and how the teacher can guide the students to more effective writing. We will also evaluate some course book writing activities and look at ways to make them more communicative. We will look at ways to respond to students' writing. We will reflect on what kind of response is effective according to the writing task and explore the use of codes for correction. Participants will be asked to evaluate some student writing and respond appropriately.
Organization: The British Council Tokyo Centre (Tokyo British Council)
Cost: Participation in one course: 5 x 2 hour sessions, is 21,000 yen (Cost includes consumption tax)
Venue: British Council Tokyo Centre, Kagurazaka 1-2, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Tel: (03) 3235-8031, Nearest Station: Kagurazaka (Tozai Subway Line)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo British Council
Email QR Code: