Using English in Thailand: Is It Different from Japan?
Date: Saturday, April 24th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Nantarika Chansue
Nantarika Chansue will describe English language education in Thailand at all levels and discuss the use of English in commercial and professional life, with a final focus on this question: Why is the use of English in Japan and Thailand - two Asian countries with similar histories - so different? Dr. Chansue is Associate Professor in the Faculty of Veterinary Science at Thailand's leading national university, Chulalongkorn University.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Joinus in Akita City near Senshu Park
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562