Date: Saturday, July 10th, 2004 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Deryn P. Verity, Ph.D., Professor, Osaka Jogakuin College
Students carry dictionaries with them all the time now, but teachers need more resources for giving students a handle on vocabulary study. Using an etymological perspective, the presenter will offer some techniques for using metaphor, language history and dictionary information to support vocabulary study.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Osaka City Municipal Lifelong Learning Center, on the fifth floor of Umeda's Dai-2 Building. Tel: 06-6345-5000. www.manabi.city.osaka.jp
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: