Elementary School English & Introducing a New Textbook Series
Date: Saturday, September 18th, 2004 Time: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Tom Merner
This presentation looks at new trends in elementary school English in Japan. In addition, the presenter will introduce a new textbook currently being developed for elementary school English lessons. The innovative series is based on a content-based curriculum.
About the speaker: Tom Merner owns a small English conversation school in Yokohama. He is a lecturer at Japan College of Foreign Languages and Reitaku University, and an English instructor of Showa Women's University attached elementary school. Merner is also NHK "SuperEigorian" Program Production Adviser, a co-author, and a teacher trainer and adviser for several education boards. Merner has published several books on EFL and elementary school English activities, including The Practical Handbook for Elementary School English Activities.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Fukuoka Jo Gakuin Tenjin Satellite Campus (9F), Tenjin 2-8-38, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: