Two presentations on Motivation and Reading
Date: Saturday, October 30th, 2004 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Steve King (Longman)
Today there are two presetations by Steve King from Longman. The first is entitled The M.A.P. Motivate, Anchor, Personalise) Method, which can improve the speaking, listening, reading and writing abilities of your students. Find out how Longman can help with this comprehensive approach to teaching college students. The second presentation is Learning to Read / Reading to Learn. Graded Readers are a great tool for motivating language learning. We'll look at a range of techniques for exploiting the potential of Penguin Readers in the classroom. Get your students on the road to reading and vocabulary building.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA (2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe/078-241-7204)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: