Nellie's Group, Ltd.:
Longman Week Seminars
Date: Saturday, September 18th, 2004 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Michiyo Mitamura, Ali Taylor (Longman ELT)
A special feature of Longman Week (September 13 - 18) are the seminars held on September 17 and 18 (Friday and Saturday). September 18 will feature two presentations as follows:
Title: Language Planning - A Tool To Use FirstHand
Presenter: Michiyo Mitamura (Longman ELT)
Target: High School to University Language: English & Japanese
Content: Language Planning (LP) gives learners tasks to think about what they want to say and how to say it. These include mental rehearsal, pronunciation awareness, personalization and choice. LP increases accuracy, fluency and complexity. Examples come from the new gold edition of English Firsthand.
- Time: 3:00 - 4:00
Title: What's super about the New SuperKids?
Presenter: Ali Taylor (Longman ELT) Target: Elementary School Teachers
Content: How do you put the Super in kids for young learners of EFL (English as a foreign language)? Providing a familiar context and using 'daily life' language can help make English make sense for your kids. Blending the best in easy-to-teach techniques, this presentation will provide a variety of communicative activities, fun TPR, and lively songs that have been proven to make English 'stick' for kids.
Organization: Nellie's Group, Ltd.
Venue: Sunbridge Bldg. 1F, 1-26-6 Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo (3 min. from Asakusabashi Stn. on JR Sobu Line, Toei Asakusa Line)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nellie's Group, Ltd.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3865-6213