Developing Cross-Cultural Awareness in the Monolingual Classroom
Date: Thursday, November 25th, 2004 Time: 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Speaker: Susan Barduhn, School for International Training/JALT Four Corners Tour
Note location: Aomori. Language learning for life as responsible citizens of the international community must include cultural awareness. Before we can understand other cultures, though, we need to understand our own first.This workshop will present two frameworks as vehicles for being able to talk about culture. It is also important to recognize that no two people are identical representatives of the same culture. The session will share activities that can both sensitise participants and provide tools for their own classrooms.
Organization: Iwate Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate JALT)
Venue: Aomori Akenohoshi Tanki Daigaku Namiuchi 2 Chome 6-32, Aomori-shi, Aomori-ken
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: