Phonics in the young learner classroom
Date: Sunday, September 26th, 2004 Time: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Speaker: Jim Doyle, Katherine MacKay, Mitsue Hoshihara
ETJ-Kobe is a group for teachers of children up through middle school in the Kobe area. All teachers of English, members and non-members, are welcome to attend.
Phonics? Phonemic Awareness? Phonology? Do you use phonics in your young learner lessons? Have some experience / ideas you would like to share? Short presentations followed by group discussion:
- Jim Doyle: A kinesthetic method for teaching phonics, reading, spelling & writing, using literature.
- Katherine MacKay: Phonemic Awareness is the easy way for kids to learn sounds, through fun listening and speaking activities.
- Mitsue Hoshihara: Phonics Activities inspired by the MPI approach.
Organization: ETJ Kobe (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Kobe)
Cost: 500 yen
Venue: Takigawa Boy's Jr/Sr High School, 2-1-1 Hoden-cho, Suma-Ku Kobe 654-0007 (Sanyo or Chikatetsu Itayado Station. 5 minute walk. Just behind Daiei.)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Kobe
Email QR Code: