Global Education through Role Play and Simulations
Date: Saturday, April 23rd, 2005 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Kip Cates (Tottori University and GILE SIG coordinator)
Experiencing global issues such as war, peace and human rights through role plays and simulations can result in more powerful learning than by traditional teaching methods. This workshop will give participants the chance to experience a variety of role plays and simulations on global education themes designed for English language learners in Japan. Participants will analyze the design of the activities, share thoughts about their impact and discuss the pros and cons of role plays, simulations and experiential learning in EFL.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA (2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe. tel: 078-241-7204)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: