Teaching International Understanding in the English Classroom
Date: Saturday, March 24th, 2001 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Paul Sminkey, National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Kanoya
This presentation will give suggestions and provide resources for teaching about problems that foreigners living in Japan encounter. In classes on cross-cultural understanding, many teachers focus on providing information about countries outside Japan, but it is equally important to make students aware of the difficulties that foreigners within Japan encounter and to guide them to act more naturally with foreigners they may meet.
Organization: Kagoshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kagoshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Venue: Iris Kyuden Plaza (2F of I'm Building)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kagoshima JALT