Learning Style Inventory
Date: Saturday, May 28th, 2005 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Catlin Hanna and Christine Winskowski
Learning happens all the time and in many different settings. While we are always learning, we do not all learn the same way. In this presentation we will explore the idea of the learning cycle and learning styles. Developed by David A. Kolb, the Learning Style Inventory (LSI) is a simple questionnaire that allows you to identify your preferred way of learning new information. In addition to interpreting your own scores on the LSI, a discussion will follow and you will learn practical ways to adapt your teaching to the learning cycle and to students with different learning styles.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: D-201, AIU Library, Akita International University
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562