Pan-SIG Conference 2006: Authentic Communication (day 1 of 2)
Date: Saturday, May 13th, 2006 Time: 10:40 AM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Plenary Speakers: J D Brown, John Maher and Donna Tatsuki; Call for papers due February 10, 2006
On May 13-14, 2006, the Bilingual, Pragmatics, Teacher Education, and Testing and Evaluation SIGs and the Shizuoka chapter will sponsor the Fifth JALT Pan-SIG Conference. There are three plenary speakers: J. D. Brown, John Maher and Donna Tatsuki. J. D. Brown addresses the topic of ‘authentic communication’, in particular, he focuses on the grounds for ‘whyzit importan’ ta teach reduced forms’. John Maher’s topic is ‘Knowing about Language, Knowing about Bilingualism’. Donna Tatsuki asks a key question in ‘What is Authenticity?’
There will be over 50 presentations, workshops, colloquiums and posters. There is still time to submit a proposal. The deadline for the second call for papers is February 10, 2006. Please refer to the JALT PanSIG conference website for further details about submission guidelines, conference themes and all other aspects of the conference.
Organization: JALT PanSIG Conference (PanSIG Conference)
Cost: see the JALT PanSIG website for details
Venue: Tokai University, Shimizu, Shizuoka
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact PanSIG Conference
Email QR Code: