The Asia Association for Global Studies:
Asia in Global Perspective
Date: Saturday, June 24th, 2006 Time: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Speaker: Call for papers due May 14, 2006
The Asia Association for Global Studies (AAGS) will be hosting a one-day mini-conference entitled Asia in Global Perspective at Kwansei Gakuin University in Nishinomiya, Japan on Saturday, June 24, 2006. Attendance is open to scholars, educators, students and members of the general public who are interested in understanding globalization and its implications for Asian economic, political and social development.
Call for Papers
Presenters may discuss a wide range of topics and issues concerning Asia, though conference organizers particularly welcome proposals of an interdisciplinary nature on any of the following themes:
- Multinational corporations and development
- Poverty and wealth
- Migrant labor
- Democracy and human rights
- Transnational social movements
- Inter-regional economic integration/cooperation
- Sustainable Development
- Japan/Asia relations
- Human security
- States, sovereignty and globalization
- Diaspora communities
- Globalization and culture
- Globalization and identity.
Organization: The Asia Association for Global Studies
Cost: AAGS Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1,500 yen
Venue: Kwansei Gakuin University
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact The Asia Association for Global Studies
Email QR Code: