Act English: Using Drama to Bring English to Life
Date: Monday, October 30th, 2006 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Brian Tomlinson (Leeds Metropolitan University)
In this workshop he will describe and demonstrate how drama approaches can be used to apply principles of language learning in order to help learners to develop the ability to use language accurately, fluently, appropriately and effectively.
He will be focusing in particular on how the principles of providing rich and varied input, of facilitating intake and of providing meaningful opportunities for language use can be applied to the classroom through the use of:
* Mental drama activities
* TPR Plus activities
* Scenario activities
* Process approaches
* Self-intrusion activities
* Development activities
* Noticing activities.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA (2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe. tel: 078-241-7204)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: