Extensive Reading - the Whats, Whys, and Hows
Date: Sunday, January 14th, 2007 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Ron Murphy, Ehime University
In an ideal world, teachers would be able to offer learners stimulating lessons with interesting content at an appropriate level for each student. Extensive reading programs claim to do just that. Murphy will review the claims of extensive reading proponents, and skeptics. He will also present lesson ideas, and results of a study of extensive reading classes at Ehime University.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shinonome High School Pierce Building 3F (Parking NOT available)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211