Professional Peer Development: Teacher-directed classroom observations
Date: Saturday, January 26th, 2008 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Robert Croker and Juanita Heigham
Teachers at all stages in their professional journey benefit from having another teacher come and observe their class. The observer can provide the teacher with important information about students, materials, presence, and classroom management; it can also help teachers connect their teaching philosophy and approach to their classroom teaching. However, many teachers shy away from observations, as they feel that they will be evaluated. This presentation shows how the observation process can be teacher-directed not observer-directed, in the context of shared professional development with another teacher.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA (2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe. tel: 078-241-7204)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: