CALL SIG of JALT:
JALT CALL Conference 2008 - New Frontiers in CALL: Negotiating Diversity
Date: Saturday, May 31st, 2008 Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Featured Phil Hubbard. Call for papers due Feb 15, 2008
The theme of the JALTCALL 2007 Conference is "New Frontiers in CALL: Negotiating Diversity".
* Commencement of submission of proposals: December 15, 2007
* Deadline for submission of proposals: February 15, 2008
* Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2008
* Details of preliminary schedule: March 30, 2008
Presentations may include the following areas:
* The impact of new and emerging CALL technologies.
* Relationships between CALL and other disciplines, languages or traditions.
* Connections between CALL in presence-based, online, blended and virtual learning environments.
* Discussion of the future directions/frontiers of CALL-based teaching and research.
* A focus on the frontier between CALL and theories of Second Language Language Acquisition.
Note that the above list is intended to be representative rather than conclusive, so different perspectives on the conference theme are encouraged. Submissions that do not deal directly with the conference theme are also most welcome, provided they demonstrate a sufficient level of innovation, quality of research, or suggestions for improvement of the field. Proposals are encouraged in either English or Japanese.
Organization: Computer-Assisted Language Learning Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching (CALL SIG of JALT)
Cost: Please check the website, www.jaltcall.org
Venue: Nagoya University of Commerce and Business, 4-4 Sagamine, Komenoki-cho, Nisshin-shi, Aichi-ken, 470-0193 Japan
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact CALL SIG of JALT
Email QR Code: