Preparing for a University Year Abroad: Insights of Japanese Returnees
Date: Saturday, April 26th, 2008 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Teresa Bruner Cox
What challenges do Japanese university students face when participating in study abroad programs in English-speaking countries? How well are sponsoring institutions preparing ryugakusei for the intercultural academic experience? In-depth debriefing interviews with students who had returned from a year abroad yielded a wealth of insights which have been compiled into a training video featuring 9 Strategies for Academic Success.
Please note the change of time.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kobe International House (Kokusai Kaikan) Gokodori 8-1-6, Chuo-ku, Kobe 651-0087. Tel: 078-231-8161
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: