A Health Topic for Healthy Students: Teaching about HIV/AIDS in the EFL classroom
Date: Sunday, May 11th, 2008 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Louise Haynes, Director, Japan AIDS Prevention Awareness Network; English Lecturer, Nagoya City University
This demonstration will present practical ideas on how to raise the issue of HIV/AIDS in the Japanese EFL classroom. The presenter will show how to keep students' affective filter low and interest high when dealing with this sensitive topic. The presenter will focus mainly on the conversation classroom but will offer ideas for writing and reading classes as well.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211