Language and Propaganda: The Uses of Linguistic Influence
Date: Sunday, October 26th, 2008 Time: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Call for papers deadline May 23, 2008
The topic of the 2008 conference is the interface of language and propaganda and the ways in which perceptions and behaviors can be managed through words. Within this general theme, linguistic propaganda will be explored in its pedagogical, historical, and social frameworks. Papers are limited to twenty minutes with ten minutes allocated to questions and answers. Please submit your proposal to Prof. Jelisava Sethna, Program Director at email@example.com by the deadline, May 23 (Friday), 2008.
Linguapax Asia works in partnership with the Linguapax Institute, a non-governmental organization affiliated with UNESCO and located in Barcelona, Spain. In its role as the Asian associate of the Linguapax Institute, Linguapax Asia carries out the objectives of both the Linguapax Institute and UNESCO's Linguapax Project with a special focus on Asia and the Pacific rim. For further information and past events please visit our site at www.linguapax-asia.org.
Organization: Linguapax Asia
Venue: University of Tokyo, Komaba Campus
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Linguapax Asia
Email QR Code: