A Survey of Hokusei Gakuen University Students on Their Views Regarding English Firsthand Texts: Results, Analysis, and Application
Date: Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008 Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Speaker: Jim Allison
Are you one of the many teachers using an English Firsthand text? If so, have you ever taken an objective look at what your students think of it? The teachers for non-English majors at Hokusei Gakuen University recently asked their class members how interesting or boring, easy or difficult, and helpful or unhelpful they thought each section of each unit in their texts was. Jim Allison will present an overview of the students' responses to these survey questions on April 2 at Hokusei Gakuen University in CALL Room 3, the 2nd floor of the "A" Building, from 1:00 to 2:00 PM. All are welcome to attend this JALT-sponsored presentation. Hopefully it will be an opportunity to gain a clearer view of the particular plusses and minuses many students see in these texts, which in turn will allow us as teachers to utilize these teaching tools more effectively. For those not using English Firsthand, this presentation and discussion may nevertheless yield valuable hints as to which types of activities and topics students favor.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Venue: Hokusei Gakuen University, CALL Room 3, A Building. Oyachi, Atsubetsu-ku, Sapporo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: