From Visitor to Resident - Making your way in Japan
Date: Saturday, March 29th, 2008 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Arudou Debito
Debito, a naturalized Japanese citizen who has lived in Japan for more than 20 years, will share advice for foreigners on ways to improve the quality of their life and work in this country. According to Debito, non-Japanese who plan to stay in Japan for any length of time owe it to themsleves to learn how to make the most of their experiences here. His presentation will cover a wide range of topics related to legal, social, personal, and professional issues--from getting the right visa to making funeral arrangements.
Organization: Wakayama Chapter of JALT (Wakayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Wakayama International Exchange Association: Big Ai Building, 8F - Circle Room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.