Themed Tasks for the Communicative Classroom
Date: Saturday, May 24th, 2008 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Marcos Benevides
Marcos Benevides will demonstrate a strong task-based approach to communicative teaching. This will be based on his co-authored title, Widgets (2008 Longman), but will also be relevant to teachers seeking to develop their own task-based materials. Focusing on classroom practice, and featuring relevant video examples, the presenter will encourage teachers to view fluency-building, motivation and classroom management from a new perspective.
This presentation is aimed at teachers of young adults in classes of 12-40 students (ie: senior high school and college/university). However, junior high school and conversation school teachers may also find it informative.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA, 2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe. tel: 078-241-7204
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: