Words Take Wing: Adapting Old Tales for New Audiences
Date: Saturday, April 12th, 2008 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Mitch Weiss and Martha Hamilton
Mitch Weiss and Martha Hamilton will tell a few stories and explain how they take a folktale and bring it to life for today's audiences. They will demonstrate the process they use to help tellers and writers find their own voices by having participants do an exercise called 'Playing With the Story.' In addition, they will show the brief DVD that accompanies their book Children Tell Stories: Teaching and Using Storytelling in the Classroom. This event will be in English.
Organization: The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) Japan (SCBWI)
Cost: SCBWI Members: 1,000 yen
Non-members: 1,500 yen
Venue: Tokyo Women's Plaza, Conference Room 2, 5-53-67 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo (see www.scbwi.jp/map.htm)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 0467-31-6908