Kusatsu Summer Seminar, August 23-24
Date: Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:10 PM
Speaker: Main Kim Bradford-Watts, Kyoto Women's University
The lectures will be 1) Speaking skills: Theory and Materials we use, and 2) Classroom management in the speaking class. Ms. Bradford-Watts currently teaches at Kyoto Women's University and Kyoto University. She has been teaching in the Kansai region for the past 20 years. She has taught in language schools, junior and senior high schools, as an ALT, and in colleges and universities, and has published teaching-related papers and textbooks. She is studying towards the award of Master of Educational Studies (Honours) from The University of Newcastle, Australia.
Presentation: You are welcome to apply to give a presentation. If you plan to do so, please indicate the title on the Registration Form. There are 5 slots (30 min each) for presentations. For more information contact Morijiro Shibayama: email@example.com or Barry Keith: firstname.lastname@example.org or Michele Steele: email@example.com
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: 9000 yen (Program, 3000 yen; Room and Board 6000 yen)
Venue: Kusatsu Seminar House, 737 Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi, Guma-ken (venue tel: 0279-88-2212, fax 0279-88-8030)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: