There's A Book Inside Each of Us
Date: Saturday, May 17th, 2008 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Paul Moritoshi
It has been said that there's a book inside each of us, but how does one go about writing a persuasive publishing proposal for an EFL textbook? For some, the process seems so intimidating, confusing or demanding that they don't even start. This workshop very briefly outlines the publishing process as a whole then goes into the specifics of how to write a strong proposal. This will be a very 'hands-on' workshop with audience members forming small groups, each working through the various stages of proposal writing to produce the skeleton of a textbook proposal in a EFL-related area of interest to them (Speaking, Listening, Business English etc.). It is also hoped that this workshop will provide the impetus for those in the audience with an idea for a book to actually start writing their proposal.
Organization: Miyazaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Miyazaki JALT)
Venue: Miyazaki Municipal University, Kenkyu Kogi Toh 3F, Room 310, Funatsuka 1-1-2, Miyazaki-shi (Tel: 0985-20-2000)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Miyazaki JALT
Email QR Code: