Teaching English Through Drama
Date: Saturday, May 17th, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Kathy Emori
Teaching English through drama is gaining momentum in the EFL community, and with good reason. With the right approach, drama techniques can be an effective way to help students loosen up, think outside the box, have fun whle being creative, and explore new expressive possibilities--all in English! In this workshop, a variety of EFL-appropriate drama activities will be introduced and participants will take part as actors and educators. Discussions on how to incorporate these into any type or level classroom will allow participants to take ideas and make them accessible to their situations.
Kathi Emori has been teaching English in Japan for over 10 years. Having served as an ALT on the JET Program , Independent Learning Director at Nagoya Women's University and as a Coordinator of Creative Expression Curriculum, Kathi has used drama in the classroom at all ages and levels. Currently, she is working on writing scripts and exploring further drama related research in second language acquisition.
Organization: Nara Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nara JALT)
Venue: Tezukayama University Gakuenmae Campus (JALT2004 Conference Site) Facing South Exit of Gakuenmae Station on the Kintetsu Nara Line
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nara JALT
Email QR Code: