ETJ East Tokyo:
How to Help Children Learn to Read and Write
Date: Sunday, June 22nd, 2008 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
This is an idea-sharing meeting facilitated by Yuco Kikuchi. Participants are expected to bring either questions or tips for teaching young learners read and write. Question and answer session and discussion will be followed after a short presentation by Yuco for the way to raise phonemic awareness at the early stage of learning English. Games and acitivities to improve children's listening skill and recognizing initial and final consonants and mid vowels will be also shared.
Organization: ETJ East Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ East Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: ETJ Members only. Non-members can become member at the venue with no cost.
Venue: Chiba Shimin Kaikan (http://www.f-cp.jp/shimin/map.html) 1-1 Kaname-cho, chuo-ku, Chiba-shi (043-224-2431) a 7-min walk from Chiba station on JR or the Keisei Line.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ East Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464