Outdoor Language Learning/Dealing with student plagiarism
Date: Saturday, June 21st, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Terry Fellner, Saga University
For Nagasaki JALT's fifth meeting of 2008, our June guest offers two presentations. First, he describes and provides sample activities for a new methodology termed Outdoor Language Learning (OLL). In the other half of the meeting, he discusses how to deal with student plagiarism using a processed-based portfolio approach to academic writing. The presentation then offers an alternative definition that neatly defines plagiarism for the modern Web 2.0 world. Full abstracts and other information available at our Nagasaki JALT and Friends Facebook Group site, and shorter descriptions at http://jalt.org/groups/Nagasaki and http://www.kyushuelt.com/jalt/nagasaki.html or you can simply sign up for our monthly e-mail newsletter at http://www.kyushuelt.com/jalt/nagamail.php3 All welcome!
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F (this is the large white building next to Dejima Wharf and Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum; take #5 streetcar to Shiminbyoinmae stop, or take #1 streetcar to Dejima stop.)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: