Validity and Validation of Language Tests
Date: Sunday, July 20th, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Rie Koizumi (Tokiwa University)
Validity and validation are highly important to the development and use of language tests. In this presentation, Rie Koizumi will first describe the concept of validity and the procedures of validation using examples from projects she has been involved in. Koizumi will also organize a workshop to demonstrate techniques to develop tests with high content validity (e.g., writing test specifications).
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: MIT, Maebashi Institute of Technology (Maebashi Koka Daigaku), 460-1 Kamisadori, Maebashi
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: