Creative Activities for Teaching about Countries and Cultures
Date: Sunday, July 13th, 2008 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Kip Cates, Faculty of Regional Sciences, Tottori University
This workshop will introduce EFL classroom activities designed to promote knowledge, awareness and curiosity about the countries and cultures of the world. Participants will discuss global education approaches to teaching for intercultural understanding, then experience activities involving roleplay, photos and video designed to stimulate interest in the wider world, promote cross-cultural empathy, build critical thinking skills and overcome stereotypes.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211