Learning Styles in the EFL classroom
Date: Sunday, July 13th, 2008 Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Speaker: Jack Ryan
This presentation will outline the history of research into learning styles and explain the most commonly recognized learning styles. The practical application of current research to the English language classroom in Japan will also be discussed. Participants will participate in discussing ways we may adapt our own preferred teaching techniques and classroom activities to better accommodate English language learners with tendencies toward particular learning styles.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Aichi University, Bldg 5 - room 543
Location: Toyohashi City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299