The Diary of Anne Frank
Date: Saturday, June 21st, 2008 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: The Nagoya Players
The Nagoya Players announces its summer production, Wendy Kesselman's The Diary of Anne Frank, directed by Anthony Gilmore. It is 1942. Jews of all nationalities in Holland are being rounded up and sent to the death camps. We know this history, and how it will end. Within this history we should never forget the joy-cut short-of Anne Frank. The Diary of Anne Frank portrays a girl who wants to be a writer, who wants to dance, who wants to go Paris; a chatterbox of a girl laughing, joking, quarrelling...and growing up. Trapped in a cramped hiding place in the center of Amsterdam, with seven others and a cat, Anne recorded life in detail. Her teenage exasperation with her mother; Mr. and Mrs. van Daan arguing over a "goddamned" fur coat and rotten cabbage; their son Peter the shy object of Anne 's attention; Dussel, the misanthropic cat-hating dentist who must put up with the sound of Anne's bad dreams; of her sister Margot's stoicism, and her father's attempts to keep the peace. There is also the bravery of Kraler and Miep Gies, the friends who keep them all hidden, feed them with food and then news of the coming liberation. It ends tragically--we know that. But for a time we can witness a moment in history through her eyes, and through her laughter.
JAPANESE SUBTITLES PROVIDED!!!
* Saturday, June 21 (2PM and 7PM)
* Sunday, June 22 (2PM and 6PM)
Venue: Aichi Arts Center Mini Theater 052-971-5511
Tickets: Adults: 3,000yen (in advance 2,500yen) Students: 2,500yen (in advance 2,000yen) Children: 2,000yen (in advance 1,500yen)
Special Student Group Discounts are available with advance reservations only: 1,600yen per person for groups of 10 or more.
Please contact email@example.com
The Teaching Material: Teaching material available at the Nagoya Players website http://www.nagoyaplayers.info
Organization: Nagoya Players
Cost: Adults 3,000 yen or 2,500 yen
Venue: Aichi Arts Center Mini Theater
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya Players
Email QR Code: