Rapid Word Recognition and Vocabulary Building Activities via Moodle
Date: Saturday, September 27th, 2008 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: John C. Herbert and Greg Rouault
In this workshop, the presenters will demonstrate how to create and facilitate online skimming and scanning activities and student-generated online glossaries. These activities have been derived from related paper-based activities which the presenters will expound upon. Therefore, participants who are not interested in taking the activities online will still walk away with useful teaching ideas to administer on paper.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: 8th floor room 6, Kobe International House (Kokusai Kaikan) Gokodori 8-1-6, Chuo-ku, Kobe 651-0087. Tel: 078-231-8161
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: