Annual Okinawa JALT Chapter Family BBQ Beach Party, Picnic, Pot Luck
Date: Saturday, August 2nd, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Speaker: It's a Barbecue!
This annual event is open to everyone, not just JALT members and is a joint event for all ALTs on the JET programme! Any spouses, significant others, children are also welcome! You may come and go as you please.
This is a fun, informal, "pot luck" event. Please be sure to bring food to share (some meat/fish to BBQ, or salads, or desserts,or snacks, etc). Okinawa JALT will provide iced tea. You may bring your own juice and/or canned beer (no glass bottles).
Okinawa JALT will bring some games (beach volleyball, some children's games) but you can bring your own, too.
Please note: The beach is on USMC Camp Schwab. At our June meetings we voted to hold it here again because it is such a nice beach, and the liaison with Nago City, Mr. Iha, has received permission for us to do so again.
Directions: In Nago, turn onto route 329. Drive just 9.5 km. Enter at "Camp Schwab Gate One". We have permission to use the facilities. Just say you are coming to the JALT English Teachers BBQ at Oura Wan Beach. Then, follow A4 bright yellow signs "JALT" with red arrows pointing to the beach. You will see the light blue JALT banner (in English and Japanese) posted at the BBQ site. See you Sunday, August 3rd! Let's hope for no typhoon!
Organization: Okinawa Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okinawa JALT)
Cost: free (just bring food to share)
Venue: Oura Wan Beach, Henoko, Nago, Okinawa
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okinawa JALT
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 098-895-8448
Mobile phone: 098-895-8304