The History of ELT in Japan
Date: Sunday, August 31st, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Charles Adamson
The program will begin with a short (30 minute or so) review of the history of foreign language teaching in Japan. The remainder of the program which will be a group discussion of the effects of historical precedents on current teaching practices in Japan. Depending on the interests of the group, some of the areas that might be covered are correctness/fluency, translation, exam culture, teacher roles, student expectations, grading system, classroom layout, curriculum design, administrative policies.
Everyone will be encouraged to contribute their ideas!
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Sendai Mediatheque map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: