Learning from Errors
Date: Sunday, September 21st, 2008 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Mark Rebuk
Although typical errors by Japanese learners are sometimes covered in writing and other classes, little or no attention is given to those made by native English Speakers. The presenter, however, has collected errors made by native English speakers from talk-radio recordings. In this talk, some of these audio clips will be introduced and their value as a teaching resource discussed. The presenter will suggest that the corpus can not only help students (and teachers) learn more about language, but may positively alter how learners perceive their own errors.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Aichi University, Bldg 5, room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299