Techniques and Resources for Raising Kids to be Bilingual
Date: Sunday, September 28th, 2008 Time: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Gavin Thomas
Gavin Thomas will briefly outline some of the things he have done with his two children (currently 4 and 6 years old) to help them gain ability in English while they have naturally gained Japanese ability from pre-school, grandparents and friends. He will also outline some of the resources he used, with an emphasis on what is available locally in Okayama.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A Bldg., 2F, near Omotecho in Okayama City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: