(1) Cultural Factors in Teaching English; (2) Improving Your Public Speaking Skills
Date: Sunday, September 21st, 2008 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Hideo Horibe, Hiroshima Instutute of Technology; (2) Jim Forsyth, Aki Toastmaster's Club
During the first hour, Hideo Horibe will talk about which cultural factors should be incorporated into the classroom. During the second hour, Jim Forsyth will explain about Toastmasters, and will lead a session in which participants can test their presentation skills.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Hiroshima Peace Park, International Conference Center 3F.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: