Storytelling in the Language Classroom
Date: Sunday, October 26th, 2008 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Kusumika Chatterjee
Kusumika Chatterjee, a professional storyteller from England, will give a workshop on how mime and music can be used to teach English grammar, poetry and literature.
She has extensive experience in multicultural education, and has a background in language education and drama. She has taught English grammar (similes, metaphor, prepositions, sentence making) all through expressive nonverbal actions such as mime, movement and music. She also teaches literature through mime and movement.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A Bldg. 2F near Omotecho in Okayama City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: