(1) iPod Activities for English Teachers; (2) Enhancing the Graded Reading Experience
Date: Sunday, October 26th, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Mark Neufeld; (2) Ken Schmidt
(1) iPod Activities for English Teacher Apple's iPod music and video player can be used to present audio, video, photos and slides, and the Internet provides access to a wide range of free or low-cost materials that can be used for teaching with an iPod. In this presentation Mark Neufeld will demonstrate a number of iPod-based activities for enhancing English lessons. The activities will use popular music, movie trailers, podcasts and YouTube videos, vocabulary flash cards, photo slide shows and more. We will also discuss the use of student-generated content, including video and photos.
(2) Enhancing the Graded Reading Experience This session focuses on ideas for helping students engage with graded reading and maintain motivation and interest over the course of a term and beyond. Topics include in-class activities for generating interest and sharing reading experiences, use of multi-media and publisher-supplied resources, and a variety of tips and tricks for running a successful graded reading program. Comments and questions from participants are welcome.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Sendai Mediatheque map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: