(1) Planned and Unplanned Speech Acts Using Yackpack; (2) Practical Uses of Songs in the EFL Classroom
Date: Saturday, October 18th, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Andrew Meyerhoff, Saga University
For Nagasaki JALT's eighth meeting of the year, Meyerhoff will analyze the progress of first year non-English majors' speech over a five week period using Yackpack. In this context, he looks at speech differences between apparent planned and unplanned speech acts. Next, he will provide a short presentation and workshop on how to use songs effectively in the language classroom. He promises that he might even 'throw some original (musical) material into the presentation.' More information is at Nagasaki JALT's websites at http://jalt.org/groups/Nagasaki and http://www.kyushuelt.com/jalt/nagasaki.html or look for the Nagasaki JALT and Friends Facebook Group, or simply sign up for our monthly e-mail newsletter at http://www.kyushuelt.com/jalt/nagamail.php3 All welcome!
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F (this is the large white building next to Dejima Wharf and Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum; take #5 streetcar to Shiminbyoinmae stop, or take #1 streetcar to Dejima stop.)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: