Using Debate for English Education
Date: Sunday, August 31st, 2008 Time: 12:45 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Michihiro Matsumoto
Former NHK English interview talk show host Michihiro Matsumoto will guide this informative session on how to use debate as a motivating teaching tool to foster your students ' English ability. This workshop will begin with an impromptu debate in English, by Mr. Matsumoto and an English speaking participant, for demonstration purposes of what he means by debate. Next, Mr. Matsumoto will cover the finer points of setting up debating activities, highlighting points for success as well as potential pitfalls. Following this, students from the audience will be led through the process and participate in a debate, in order for the audience to see the activity in action, as well as giving the participating students a memorable learning experience. To facilitate this, teachers, students, interested parents, and their children - of all ages - are encouraged to attend and participate. Attendees with the basics of English will be chosen at random from the audience to participate in the debate. There is no preparation needed by participants. This workshop is useful for all teachers and students of English from elementary school aged children to retired citizens of society who wish to explore an effective way to improve English ability as well as develop clarity of understanding and tolerance for others.
Organization: JJ Fellowship
Cost: Sr. high and above 3,000 yen. Jr. high and below 2,000 yen
Venue: Maruzen Marunouchi Honten 3F, Nikkei Seminar Hall, OAZO Building in front of Tokyo Station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact JJ Fellowship
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-8525-6768