Development of an Online Speaking and Writing Test
Date: Thursday, November 6th, 2008 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Robert Courchene
This workshop focuses on the development of an online speaking an writing test by teacher/researchers from the Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute at the University of Ottawa. Topics discussed in the workshop will include: development of a testing protocol, materials design, preparation of online and face-to-face interview formats, pilot testing of the speaking and writing tests, data analysis and of protocols, development of a computer software program for the online tests, field testing, working model. Presentation of sample tests, discussion of challenges, technical problems and proposed solutions.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, room 31 (a 5-minute walk from the Kokura train station for shinkansen, JR train)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: