The Asia Association for Global Studies:
Rural Development and Community Capacity: Local Action in a Global World
Date: Saturday, September 20th, 2008 Time: 10:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Speaker: Various speakers
The Asia Association for Global Studies (AAGS) is pleased to invite members and non-members interested in global issues to attend its Annual Research Forum, an event which showcases recent research by AAGS members and guests. The presenters and presentation titles of this year's Forum are as follows:
1) MIYOSHI Koichi (Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University) and Naomi STENNING (Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University), "Developing Community Capacity for Rural Development: An Alternative Approach for Rural People."
2) Rikio KIMURA (Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University), "Developing Community Leaders in Cambodia: From the Perspective of Values Transformation."
3) Satoko MIWA (Ibaraki University), "Capacity Development (CD), Institutional Change."
4) Cindy WACHOWSKI (Institute for Community Design), "Expanding Local Actions through Community Capacity. "
5) Members of the Institute for Community Design, "Research in Progress."
Note: To ensure the event runs smoothly, please notify the organizers if you plan to attend. If you are a non-member and wish to reserve a seat, after notifying the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org please send 500 yen to the following bank account:
Bank Information: Mitsubishi-Tokyo UFJ Bank,
Doujima Branch Savings Account no.: 5340527
Account holder: Asia Association for Global Studies ( "Asia Global Studies Gakkai " in Romaji)
(The name "Asia Global Liederbach " will appear on the screen when transferring the fee.)
Contact: LIEDERBACH, Hans Peter
Fees will also be accepted on site, but note that as seating is limited it is recommended that reservations be made in advance to avoid disappointment. If you would like to become a member or renew your membership dues, the annual dues are 2,500 yen and can also be submitted to the above bank account. For further information about membership and the association please check http://asia-globalstudies.org/
Organization: The Asia Association for Global Studies
Cost: AAGS Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Kwansei Gakuin University (Umeda Campus), Osaka, Japan
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact The Asia Association for Global Studies
Email QR Code: