Teaching Reading to Young Learners: Phonics? Sight Words? Whole Language? Yes!
Date: Sunday, November 16th, 2008 Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Sandy Rogers Logos Eikaiwa, and Notre Dame Seishin Elementary School
After a brief overview of the three methods, we will look at the value of, and discuss ways of, putting together all three methods to best nurture young readers.
We will look at some common mistakes in teaching phonics, and suggestions for improving your teaching.
Because most EFL teachers of young students in Japan are severely limited in teaching time, some ideas on how to make the most of your time will be included.
This presentation is to be followed by a second one. The entrance fee covers both talks.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A Bldg, 2F near Omotecho in Okayama City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: