Evaluation of Materials for Young Learners
Date: Sunday, November 16th, 2008 Time: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Joe Seigel, University of Birmingham MA candidate
This presentation will provide a brief introduction to systematic textbook evaluation. Results of evaluations of two EFL/ESL textbook series for children, Finding Out and Let's Go, will be discussed. The aim is to supply teachers with skills to critically evaluate textbooks and materials for younger learners.
This is the second of two consecutive presentations on this day. The fee covers both talks.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A Bldg. 2F near Omotecho in Okayama City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: