Developing Creative Materials Based on Picture Books
Date: Sunday, October 5th, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: Patricia Daly Oe
In this workshop author, illustrator and teacher Patricia Daly Oe will give some practical tips on how to use a variety of picture books to teach English. Some ideas on how to develop creative activities, games, songs, movement, speaking and writing exercises will be presented. Following on from this, participants will develop some ideas for a number of activities that could be developed based on some well-known English picture books (in groups or pairs). Patricia will then explain how she developed the stories that she has had published and following some prompts participants will develop their own stories (with a little artwork) and present them to the group.
Organization: ETJ Saitama (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Saitama)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Shogai Gakusho Soa Center, Center Plaza 5F, Sakuragicho Kominkan, 1-10-18 Sakuragicho, Omiya
Location: Saitama City, Saitama Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Saitama
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4452-7800